Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Dad!

Okay, so I broke my promise again! Its been 2 weeks since my last post, but I'm sure everyone is used to this by now...so not too disappointed I hope:) But, here is a Happy Belated Birthday wish to my dad. He is such a wonderful father; kind, loving, patient, never quick to anger, wise and so very generous. My dad is also an amazing grandpa to my girls. They love him dearly and always give him hugs and kisses. Dad will sit and read to Emi and Kaleena for hours and they just soak up his attention. Thank you dad!


We celebrated Dad's birthday at Wayne and Mary's house(my brother and sister-in law's home) and it was so enjoyable to have most of the family together, laughing and having a great time. Wayne's kids are getting so big and they are such a help with the younger ones...entertaining them outside is the best!

But, Emi and Kaleena still aren't too sure of Uncle Wayne. They like him from a distance, but when he gets too close they shy away! But, little does he know that when we are at home, they talk to him on their play phones quite often...they do love you Wayne!

Dad really enjoyed his birthday...his gifts were the usual: socks, nuts, dried fruit etc...good memories from childhood days when we just didn't know what to get for him because he never wanted anything fancy! Thats our dad!

And of course, dad had to catch his 10 minute nap and then he was ready to go again when he woke up! Kaleena and Emi got a kick out of that!

Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

The Adventure said...

Thanks Erin for posting those - it looks like fun, and I wish we could have been there. I can't wait to spend some time there this summer!