Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day at the Park

We decided to take advantage of the unusual, but beautiful, weather. We dug out the Cruizer stroller and took the girls to the park. This is always a great time for Kelly and I to have a much needed break from the Emi and Kaleena! Anyways, the girls had a blast and were able to burn off a little bit of energy.


Our stroller converts into a bike trailer, jogging stroller and walking stroller...we've tried the walking/bike trailer, but not the jogging version. So, we put on the big wheel and thought we'd give it a shot. Everyone knows that I am not a runner, but hey, I have my dreams that someday I will be able to run 3 miles...haha! Anyways, we told the girls we would give them a ride; Kelly and I decided to race the last block home. So, I ran as fast as I could and still lost the race. The girls were screaming with excitement and saying, "more, more" as I was huffing and puffing! But, the funny part is that I couldn't figure out why my legs were sore today and then it dawned on me that I am so out of shape, my short little sprint caused me soreness! how pathetic!


Anyways, we are excited to use our stroller again this summer. It's been a wonderful family activity...and we always have a good laugh at one another!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The weather was seriously wonderful, wasn't it? Glad you guys were able to take advantage of it as a family! The girls look like they had SO much fun!

The Adventure said...

I love those pictures - and Kaleena's pink jacket! Excellent! They are such sweet little girls - I am very out of shape too - this week I went to the gym 2 times (a record for me)!