So, awhile back my older sister posted a blog about her couponing adventures and I have to admit that I was a bit jealous! When she and her family were at our house for Christmas, I said, "you have to teach me how to do this coupon thing!" Of course she gave me her big sister advice and gave me the coupon 101 lecture...and this was the result: I went out to Walgreens tonight to make my first coupon purchase. The above picture includes the items I purchased for next to nothing! Yes, I am bragging because it was so much fun to buy the things I was already planning on purchasing during our next grocery shopping trip! So, my total purchase was only $24 and I saved a whopping $33 with my coupons! What a steal. The above items were the best though...here's the run down: palmolive dish soap : $.59
Soft soap: $.64
Cottenelle baby wipes: $.99
Garnier shampoo: $.99
Electrosol dish tabs: $.75
I was very pleased with myself...and the last part, which is even better is this: we needed a carpet spot cleaner, so I found this coupon for "spot shot" and it was $1.55 off of $3.00....but with a bonus coupon for $5 off of a movie ticket for Marley and Me, which I will be seeing with my mother in law, this weekend! So much fun!
I hope I didn't bore you, but this post was mostly for my sister...thanks for your coupon advice!

2 comments:
Soooo happy that it worked for you! I was jealous about the dish tabs because we didn't get that coupon in our inserts here!!! It' fun isn't it!
Could you share with me the "coupon lecture" pretty please? This is awesome! :)
Post a Comment