Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's Almost Our Birthdays!

I am so sorry I haven't posted a blog in almost a month! Since taking on a director position at work, I haven't had much spare time. And it seems as though my children are much more needy these days...especially when I am trying to accomplish a task! So, again I apologize for the lack of communication on my part!


As most of you know, Melissa and I share close birthday's: Nov 17th and 18th! When we were younger, it wasn't much fun because we had to share a birthday party. Yes, mom was pretty good about making us our own cakes and we could invite our own friends, but as kids we hated it! Now that we are "grown up" it has been so wonderful to share a birthday with her. For the last few years, mom has been making us a birthday dinner and we spend time with eachother's families. It is always at mom's house, which is cozy and relaxing. This year was no exception. We had a wonderful time of visiting and fellowship. It has been a blessing to have Melissa as a sister and as a friend. This year seems extra special as she is expecting her first child...due on Christmas Day! Happy Birthday Melissa, you have been a great sister.








Kaleena couldn't wait to say "Happy Birthday La La". When she was a little over a year, she started calling Melissa "La La" and even now that she can speak very well, she stil refers to Melissa as "La La". It gets even cuter...Emiley tries to say this too, but it comes out as "Va Va" and it almost as a french accent to it! My girls love Melissa; she is so kind and loving to them, but most importantly, she is a Godly example to them. Happy Birthday Melissa!

Kaleena enjoying her share of the birthday desserts!

1 comment:

The Adventure said...

Thanks erin for putting pictures up! I really wished I could have been there too...you both look great! Love the picture of Kaleena as well.