Saturday, October 25, 2008

Birthday weekend continued...


Good thing children easily forget...because I promised Kaleena that her friends were coming to her party and none of them showed up! I felt terrible as she eagerly looked at her cupcakes, (party hat on her head) and in a quiet voice she said, "when are the boys and girls coming, mommy?" She continued and said, "I want to eat my birthday(cupcakes) now, mommy!" Thankfully she has a wonderful family and her aunts, uncles, grandma's and grandpa all attended...Max too(Melissa's dog). Later she asked one more time if Gavin was coming( a little boy in her preschool class) and her grandma Gi Gi said, "I don't think Gavin is coming, but Emiley will be at your party as soon as she wakes up!" Kaleena said, "Oh, my sister will come to my birthday, that will be fun!" So, even the boys and girls didn't arrive, she had a wonderful birthday and much love was given from her family.




....and for those of you who read my last blog, Kaleena is doing awesome without her pacifier! She took her first nap w/o it and again didn't even cry. We've done our share of praying, singing, and reading prior to bed time, but all without her "na na" and no crying! I am so proud of her!

1 comment:

The Adventure said...

How sweet and how sad - I'm sure you were at touch disappointed. That is very funny that she was so excited that Emiley would be at her party!! She looks adorable!