Dear Kaleena,
Happy Birthday sweet girl! I can hardly believe you are 3yrs old--everyone is right in that time goes by too quickly and you are growing up so fast! Today was a very special day, but a difficult one as well. Not only is it your birthday, but today you are officially a "big girl" and we gave your pacifiers to the toy store in exchange for a new stuffed giraffe! You were so brave as you handed over your bag of 3 "na na's"(Kaleena's pacifiers) to the store clerk. You didn't even cry when we put you to bed tonight. You had such a sad look in your eyes as we prayed that Jesus would help you to not be sad, but you never cried! You are so brave, sweetheart!

On a brighter note, today is your birthday and tomorrow is your birthday party! I just finished frosting your cupcakes and I must say they are SO cute! As Gi Gi(Kaleena's grandma) always says, "girls get a birthday weekend", and yours will begin tomorrow. Your friends will be arriving in the afternoon. Until then, mommy needs to get some rest. Sleep tight sweet angel and dream about birthday presents and cupcakes! We love you.


2 comments:
So very sweet!! Choked me up a little bit! I wish so badly we could be there to celebrate with you! Happy Birthday Kaleena - welcome to the Big Girls Club! There's no turning back now!
Those are adorable cupcakes!
Post a Comment