Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"..beloved fruit of the womb..." Hosea 9:16

On my days off, I have special days with the girls. We always run a few errands and then do something fun during the day, such as going to the park or playing with friends...so mom can have coffee and visit of course:) I cherish my days with the girls, but sometimes I am very exhausted by evening...and often frustrated depending on how they behaved! Today was one of those frustrating days and as a result, they were in bed and crashed by 6:30pm!!!


So, I sat down on my couch to take a breather and to check my email...I was so encouraged with God's word...always when we are weak, of course! I had received an email from Above Rubies and this is only a portion of what I read: "Erin, you are doing a mighty work. There is nothing greater that you could be doing in the whole of the world. Your work is for eternity. Your children are eternal souls who will live forever. Not only are you training them for the purposes God has for them in this world, but you are also preparing them for the eternal world! Wow! What a mission!

How blessed you are to have your children around you. I know that you often feel overwhelmed, but I want to remind you that in the midst of all the frustrations and tiredness, that this is a very precious time of your life. It was the most precious time of my life. I look back and remember the times I felt “so tired” and yet I can’t think of anything in my life that has been more meaningful and more joyful than those wonderful days.

Don't endure each day, but seek to make it special. You will never have these days with your children again. They are for such a short time. Enjoy them. Revel in them. You may feel that you are not accomplishing a lot each day, but there are years ahead to do all the projects you want to do. But at the moment, your lovely children are your priority."


Wow, God spoke right to me, through Nancy Cambell's words...what a powerful message! I read further and she included a verse from Hosea that referred to our children as "beloved fruit of the womb." This is how God views our children...beloved fruit of the womb! So we need to rejoice and be glad in our high and noble calling....as mothers to God's children!


I hope you find this encouraging and I pray that it blesses your life as it did mine today.



1 comment:

The Adventure said...

Thanks Erin!! Very encouraging and uplifting words! You are a great mom - and the work you are doing with you kiddos IS amazing - it is so good to hear those things!