Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Swan Island Dahlia Festival

On Labor Day, mom and I decided to visit the Dahlia Festival in Canby, OR. Both of us love Dahlia's and have attempted to add them to our garden...with little success! We were both amazed and awe struck by the beautiful gardens that seemed endless. We learned a lot about how to raise them and how to keep them fresh for weeks in a vase! I loved it...as did the girls.

These purple dahlia's(whose name I don't recall) were about the size of Kaleena's head! absolutely amazing!


It was very difficult to get both of the children to look at the camera simultaneously...they were too captivated by the flowers! And yes, I had to keep a close eye on them because Emi was trying to pick them with every opportunity she had! Kaleena was busy "digging" and running through the fields!
The orange ones were my favorite! This particular style was one I had in my wedding...always brings back good memories.
At the end of our trip, mom and I came home with two beautiful bouquets of Dahlia's...a good memory of our wonderful Labor Day trip to the "barn flowers" as Kaleena puts it!!!

1 comment:

The Adventure said...

Wow! It looks absolutely beautiful!! Both you and mom are so good with flowers - I think I am missing that gene!! The girls look so cute - especially Kaleena with her matching sweatshirt!!