Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Birthday Girl


Emi must have known that it was her birthday and that she went to bed without opening a present! She is usually in bed and sound asleep by 7pm at the latest, but last night she was singing and squealing in her bed until about 9pm...and then mom couldn't resist and just had to get her up! She was all smiles and just dying to open a present:) So, we had a little birthday party for her...without Kaleena! Anyone who has a 3yr old knows that a birthday present means a new toy for them, not the one with a birthday! All day Kaleena was saying, "it's my birthday...I want Emi's birthday...I'm 1yr old!" So, I must admit, it was fun to have Emi to ourselves and let her enjoy a present...with out her big sister taking it away!


And to top it off, Emi took 5 steps today...just in time for her first birthday. Dad's prediction was that she would walk by the time she was 1...and she did indeed!


We love you Emiley Grace! Happy Birthday...and your real party will be this weekend with grandma, grandpa, and your aunt's and uncles!...yes and Kaleena too:)

1 comment:

The Adventure said...

I really wish we could be there to celebrate with her!! She looks so much like you Erin, it's amazing! Congratulations Emi on taking your first steps - that is very exciting and opens a whole new world!!